Sunday, February 21, 2010

Old People are Great

So Julie and I went to the temple this week and after wards, while I was waiting for her in the lobby an old guy approached me and asked if he could sit next to me on the couch I was sitting on, and of course I said "sure."

After he got situated he immediately looked over at me and asked: "you follow whats going on over there in the White House very much?" I told him that I do a little and he then proceeded to get on his soap box.

He said "you know? the national debt is at 12 trillion dollars, they say that by the end of this year its supposed to get upwards of 14 trillion. It doesn't matter to me. I'm old. But it should matter to you, and its definitely going to matter to your kids. You need to write your representative and demand that he explain how he plans on fixing this problem."

I laughed a little, but found his plea sincere. When he got up to leave he told me to "hang in there."

No comments:

Post a Comment