Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chicago '12

I went to Chicago last week to attend a physical therapy conference.  It was a really great learning experience where I was able to attend a lot of classes and see new things related to the field of physical therapy.  I was also able to enjoy a few of the sights and smells of the Windy City.





I did have some of their famous deep dish pizza, and if anyone asks you...Giordano's is by far the best place to get it.  I only had one Chicago style hot dog and to be honest, it wasn't everything I had dreamed of...but it was only one place, so I'll probably have to give the other places a shot the next time I go.

I did experience a wide variety of public transit.  It never ceases to amaze me at the kinds of people you meet while on the ride.  The subway was pretty nice, but I was surprised at how many apartments we rode by on our way into town.  I don't know that I would ever be able to get used to that if I lived there.  I did fear for my life once while riding in a taxi.  We were on our way to the airport, not in a hurry by the way, but the taxi driver I think thought we were, because he was going like 55 mph, swerving between cars and honking at them if they got in his way the whole way to our destination.  Needless to say, I was glad to get out of the car.

All in all, it was a good experience.  It was cold, I mean it was mid February, so that was expected, but it was good.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,
    I really like your blog. You have some really nice stuff here and I do hope you will carry on writing.
    I am looking for passionate writers to join our community of bloggers - glipho.com
    It might be a good idea to give your writing and your blog more exposure while having fun and meeting fellow writers.
    Please check us out and drop me a line at hubert@glipho.com for any questions.
    Best!
    Hubert

    ReplyDelete