Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas 2012

We headed down to Scottsdale when Rick was done with finals and spent his break there warming up. We did Christmas Eve with my Dad's side and Christmas day with my Mom's side as usual. We did Christmas Eve at Bill's house and he had some awesome Mexican food for everyone and we did our usual gift exchange, which I love. And then Christmas Day we had our traditional Christmas ham and buffett over at the old folks place and did a lot of visiting out on the porch.
We had Christmas morning to ourselves (my parents were volunteering at Randolph) before we headed to Church. Truman knew who Santa was this year, but he didn't really understand what Santa does, which was fine by me. But he did like opening up presents. We let him open his stocking and his little presents before Church and left his big present for after Church.

Christmas Eve

 Bran wearing Amanda's gift from the gift exchange while she was on the crapper.
 Uncle Chuck made Truman this awesome little table and Grandma Barbara helped paint it.



Christmas Day





 We snagged this life jacket for bear and coco at a second hand store and couldn't pass it up.

For my immediate family, this year we did a "Craigslist" Christmas. For us this meant that whatever you gave as a gift had to be second hand or handmade. I really thought it was a fun idea and thought that all of the gifts were very unique and thoughtful. I think someone mentioned that we should do it again next year and I am all for it. I had a lot of fun trying to think of what I could make or find second hand. One of my favorite moments was when Amanda was opening the gift I had made her (it was a bag) and when she pulled it out Truman was standing right there in front of her and he said, "Wow!"  Here is something Stef made for Truman and what my mom got from Amanda.



And finally, Truman got spoiled by his Uncle Brannon and Aunt Amanda...


All in all it was a great Christmas. I enjoyed going to Church on Christmas Day to remind me of what we are really celebrating and as always the best part of the season is spending time with family and reflecting on the things that are most important. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and for all of the many blessings that I have been given through their grace and mercy.


1 comment:

  1. I laughed my butt off watching the video of Truman getting his powerwheels truck. But the one I think I liked the most was your mom getting that dresser -- I don't know what it was, but it reminded me how much I love and miss your whole family. So glad you all got to spend Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete